Saint Joseph Family Medical Care
Newly Recognized as a Patient‐Centered Medical Home
St. Joseph Family Medical Care
1004 Carondelet Drive
Kansas City, MO 64114
Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
Patient‐Centered Medical Home
The Patient Centered Medical Home concept has introduced a very favorable
alternative to insurance companies, employers, government entities, patients,
Healthcare can be a fragmented and costly experience for the patient. Patients
in medical homes receive the right care, in the right amount, at the right
time. This increasingly popular delivery system modernization leads to
safer and better care, empowers patients and renews the patient‐provider
The Healthcare Provider’s Role:
- Working with you in setting healthcare‐related goals and help you in meeting
- Providing you information on services, classes and/or support groups to
provide you with more information about your goals or managing chronic
- Collaboratively working with you, sharing in making decisions for your health.
- Acting as the director of your care team, coordinating care within our
practice and with outside specialty care.
The Patient’s Responsibilities:
- Ask questions about your illness and take an active role in your care.
- Give a detailed and honest history of your entire family.
- Give an update of any changes in your health each visit.
- Keep us informed of any allergies or newly identified conditions since
your last visit.
- Take all medications prescribed as directed by your provider, and provide
information about OTC and Herbal Medications that you are taking.
- Follow any agreed‐to care plan discussed with your provider.
- Keep all scheduled appointments with your provider and other specialist(s).
- Bring Specialist’s report to any follow‐up visits or advise specialist
to forward report to your primary care provider.
- Discuss and be involved in your treatment plan with your provider, follow
orders as given.
- Call your provider first with non‐emergency medical problems.
- Avoid using the Emergency Room in non‐emergency situations. Instead use
Urgent Care Facilities: lists available upon request.
- Bring all discharge papers from Emergency Room & Urgent Care visits.
- Inform your provider of all self‐referred visits, or special test(s). Bring
documents when available.
- Provide personal email address for easy access and easy contact.