St. Joseph Heart Institute
The St. Joseph Heart Institute provides cardiovascular services including
cardiac diagnostics, cardiovascular interventions, open-heart surgery,
chest-pain center and cardiac rehabilitation. The facility includes a
digital cardiac catheterization laboratory and an extensive area devoted
to non-invasive testing and cardiac risk screening.
Our focus is to provide state-of-the-art cardiovascular care in a positive
healing environment which includes preventing, detecting and managing
complex cardiovascular disease.
Invasive procedures and therapeutic services consist of:
- Tilt table testing
- Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE)
- Cardiac catheterization
- Percutaneous coronary interventions (PCI)/PTCA/angioplasty/stent/balloon procedure
- Percutaneous peripheral interventions
- Electrophysiology (EP) studies
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)
- Permanent pacemaker implants
- Open heart surgery (coronary artery bypass graft-CABG, valve repair and
- State of the art surgical techniques and IV infusions for outpatient CHF patients.
Non-invasive diagnostics consists of:
- Stress testing by pharmacology and nuclear scanning
- Echocardiography (echo)
- Stress echocardiograph
- 24 hour holter monitoring
- Cardiac doppler.