Founded in 1874 by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet,
St. Joseph Medical Center has a long tradition of providing quality, compassionate
care. In 2015, the hospital was purchased by
Prime Healthcare Services. Its Catholic heritage and the spirit of our founding Sisters continue
today in our mission of caring for the community.
St. Joseph has proven it is among an elite group of providers in treatment
for time critical diagnosis and has earned the Gold-Plus Quality Achievement
Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association
for the treatment of stroke patients. It is also an Accredited Chest Pain Center.
The Breast Center at St. Joseph has earned recognition by the National
Accreditation Program for Breast Centers and Breast Imaging Center of
Excellence designation from the American College of Radiology (ACR).
St. Joseph is a Joint Commission accredited, 310-bed acute care facility
providing a wide range of services, including 24-hour Emergency Department,
Joint and Spine Institute, surgical services, and outpatient services.